Heating season hit us fast this year and the temperature is steadily on the decline in the Westchester County area. This is a great time of the year to be focusing on your heating system to make sure it is in good shape for the long, chilly months ahead. At Northeast Radiant, we wanted to share with you some valuable information that can save you a significant amount of money this heating season. The process is called oil to gas conversion and it consists of converting your oil burning heating unit to one that runs with natural gas. Whether it is your furnace, boiler or anything else, natural gas is the smart way to go and has plenty of benefits that can make your everyday life more comfortable and convenient. Take a minute to read what they are.
Need any heating repairs this season?
Benefits of Oils to Gas Conversion in your Home:
- Improve your Home’s Efficiency - Your heating equipment will run up to 30% more efficiently… and same goes for your cooling equipment next season!
- Be Green! Contribute to the Health of the Environment – Natural gas emits up to 40% less carbon and up to 99.9% less sulfur than oil. It will have a positive impact on the environment and the world around us. With natural gas there is no fuel tank that can potentially be damaging to nature by leaking oil into the ground or polluting groundwater and soil. It’s much safer than the use of oil.
We are proud to offer Financing Options for all of your HVAC & Plumbing Needs.
- The Cleaner the Better – Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel. Your home will be free of soot, sulfur dioxide and unwanted fumes which means your Indoor Air Quality will improve.
- Expand your Horizons… And your Wallet – Saving money is one of the biggest perks of the use of natural gas in the home. It is much less expensive than the cost of oil to heat your home. A prediction has been made by the U.S. Department of Energy that says natural gas in the future will remain a much cheaper option as an energy source than oil and propane.
- Natural Gas has Multiple Functions – In your home, not only can the use of natural gas work as a heat source, but it can also be used for a variety of other everyday activities. You can use it to barbeque in the summer and heat up your swimming pool, dry your clothes, power your fireplace… and so many more things. It has far more purpose in the home than you may have known which is why it is such a great money saver in both the short and long run.
- Made in America – We depend on foreign countries for everyday products, foods, energy sources and more. The beauty of natural gas is that 98% of it is produced in North America… and that’s hard to find nowadays!
- Follow their Lead – Many important local organizations use natural gas for their energy needs including hospitals, schools and many government organizations. It is the smart choice for many essential local businesses which is why you should see how well it can work for you as well.
- HVAC Maintenance is Much Cheaper – When the equipment you use in your home is cleaner and more efficient, it means less money you have to put into your system for repairs and maintenance. Using oil equipment is more expensive to maintain each year.
There are so many more reasons why natural gas conversion can benefit your comfort, convenience and overall quality of life. At Northeast Radiant , our certified HVAC technicians are skilled and experienced in all aspects of natural gas installation and would love to help you make your home and your life a cleaner and more efficient place. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about why natural gas is the smart, green choice for heating your home or business this season and for seasons to come, Contact Northeast Radiant today. We are here to make your life better one step at a time.